(Header image via Thrillist)
1. McGill University – 5 Points
2. University of Albany – 4 Points
T3. Colorado State University – 2 Points
T3. Arizona State University – 2 Points
T3. University of Tennessee-Martin – 2 Points
6. Embry Riddle Aeronautical University – 1 Point
T7. Everybody Else – 0 Points
Rundown of Newly Earned Points
1/26 – UTM, 2 Points – Writing for AtmoLife, For the #WomenInWx, Thank you. by Jennifer Naillon.
1/30 – ASU, 2 Points – Writing for AtmoLife, The Remedy to Climate Change Denial, by Christopher Scragg.
2/3 – Albany (ALB), 3 Points – Wx Challenge, 1st place individual (btangy) for Austin, TX
2/3 – McGill (MCG), 2 Points – Wx Challenge, 2nd place individual (wxpaws) for Austin, TX
2/3 – Embry Riddle (ERD), 1 Point – Wx Challenge, 3rd place individual (etcane) for Austin, TX
2/3 – McGill (MCG), 3 Points – Wx Challenge, 1st place collectively for Austin, TX
2/3 – Colorado State (CSU), 2 Points – Wx Challenge, 2nd place collectively for Austin, TX
2/3 – Albany (ALB), 1 Point – Wx Challenge, 3rd place collectively for Austin, TX
Ways you can earn AtmoCup points for your school RIGHT NOW
As we mentioned in our preview, there’s 5 ways you can rack up points for your university this year, and all means except 1 are currently in play.
- Finish high in the Wx Challenge! Forecasting for Madison, Wisconsin begins today, and the top 3 individual and team scores for the city win AtmoCup points.
- Write an article for AtmoLife! Your blog post here will be easiest 2 points you’ll ever earn, and I promise I’m super nice and supportive as an editor. Click here to write with us!
- Spot some storms! We award points for wild winter weather too, so it ain’t too early to start claiming the listed phenomena for your school.
- Random bonus points! Where’s the pandering been this year, NC State?